Leaf Removal & Fall Landscaping
Are you the kind of person who can’t wait for the winter? Well, you are not the only one; your trees also wait eagerly for this time of the year. Now, are you thinking why? And have you been wondering if you are trees are ready for the coming winter? Well, winter provides the perfect opportunity for the healthy revitalization of your trees, and therefore this is the ideal time for pruning.
Pruning and trimming trees in the winter is a great way to maintain the health of your trees and promote future growth. And that’s not all. Winter tree pruning helps trees be safe throughout the year while also proactively preparing for storms. Now, are you new to this and looking for some expert help? Well, worry not M&S Landscaping is at your service to make sure that your treescape looks great throughout the year. Whether you are looking for stump grinding or tree trimming, M&S Landscaping is here for any emergency tree service you might need.
Importance of Fall Leaf Removal
Fall is the perfect time to take care of your lawn as well as your landscape. To improve the appearance of your lawn, it is important to remove all the leaves. Now removing all the fallen leaves isn’t really a fun task and takes a lot of time and effort, but it is important for agronomic and aesthetic reasons. As the temperature begins dropping, the growth of the turfgrass slows down, but photosynthesis still continues. This energy is then stored for the next spring. Fallen leaves on the lawn behave like a shade and block light that is required for the photosynthesis process. Removal of leaves at the right time allows the lawn to not only breathe but also be well-nourished.
Tips for Fall Landscaping
Fall is the time to take care of the landscape, and now that you already know about the importance of leaf removal, it’s time you focus on taking care of your yard to keep in perfect health for the coming spring. Here are some tips to ensure your yard’s health:
- Remove any unwanted weeds, and you will end up with far fewer weed problems for the next season
- Remove and rake all the unwanted leaves to make sure your lawn is healthy and prepared for the next summer.
- Fall is the perfect time to fertilize and put down those seeds to get that dense and full lawn for the next season
- Make sure you deep water the shrubs and trees just after all the leaves fall
- Cut down or prune most of the perennial plants as close to the soil as possible
- Make sure the grass doesn’t grow taller than 3 inches as this can lead to winter lawn diseases and problems. At the same time, make sure you don’t cut them down more than 2 inches, as this will limit their ability to photosynthesize.
Now, are you wondering what other tasks need to be done to maintain the landscape throughout the year? Well, worry not; just remember M&S Landscaping is here for all your queries and concerns and ensure that your lawn gets all the care and nurturing that it deserves to always look picture perfect.